Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Body Pump Class

Last Saturday, I've decided to be a heroine and went to join the Body Pump class in my gym. The class is an hour long whereby participants use light free weights and barbells in repetitive exercises that focus on the biceps/triceps and stomach muscles including lunges, squats and presses. Little did I know that the class was pretty 'heavy' for a first timer like me. Boy, did I suffer since then. Mind you, I did finish the class without collapsing. My muscles were screaming in pain for the past 3 days!! First it was my leg muscles, then it was my arm muscles and of course in between were my stomach muscles :P :P

T'was a painful experience on Monday while I was on my way to work...and of all days, my Hubs need to use the car so I had to take the public transport. Imagine, the pain of walking up and down the stairs in the train station, walking that stretch to my workplace were unbelievable slow and painful....every step I took, my muscles were screaming in pain!! Btw, I did miss my tram because it took me longer than usual to walk to the tram stop, etc :P

My Hubs told me that was the result of not using these muscles all my life.... sigh...Oh well, I'm going to have 2 weeks break before going back to the class again and I hope by then my body has gotten over the shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment