Thursday, June 4, 2009

Blijdorp Rotterdam Zoo

Tue, sunny with cool wind: It was a nice outing with my Hubs's sister and her family to the zoo. Blijdorp Rotterdam is also a must-visit zoo in this city. As I've been to Burgers Zoo in Arnhem so I am able to make a comparison between these two zoos.

Both zoos are big however Burgers zoo is a little tad bigger as the zoo is located outside the city whereas Blijdorp is right in the city of Rotterdam. We did spent the whole day at the zoo! I can even catch a glimpse of the zoo whenever I'm travelling by train via the Rotterdam Central station.

Blijdorp zoo are divided their animals into regions: Asia, Europe and Africa. On top of that, there are also the Oceanium (aquarium), Taman Indah, Riviera Hall, the Asia House and the bat cave. During this period, we were lucky to see a few proud mothers and parents of their youngs; among others are the sea lion, the elephant, the zebra and ducks.

We'd our lunch break (comprises of hamburgers and sates with fries, yummy) alfresco style together with some birds as company which we fed them with fries. (Yes, these birds are really fat and fluffy from all the high carbo they have everyday :P ). For our tea-break, ice-creams! *slurp* :) This was my first visit to Blijdorp but can't say for the rest. They have been to the zoo several times already even my little nephew :)

I'm quite impressed with Blijdorp though in the end I've preferred Burgers zoo concept. However, I am sure with the renovation almost done soon, Blijdorp will be equally impressive. I was very happy to see some animals at a very close range especially the tigers, the polar bear and the lions. It was amazing! The Oceanium was also very nicely done up.

My favourite animal from this zoo: The red panda...sooo adorable :)
These are some snapshots I took of some of the animals. Looks like Mr. Croc had an accident in his jaw area...hmmm...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment