Monday, June 15, 2009

Wonton Mee Attack!

Just a few days ago, I'd a sudden craving for wontons (a type of dumpling commonly found in Chinese cuisines and normally had shrimps/meats filling). Hence, my Hubs and I went for a nice lunch in one of the Chinese restaurant in the city but somehow my craving lingered.... The next day, I'd decided to make my own wontons with noodles ;) Let's just say, it's been awhile since the last time I'd made wontons at home ;).

The final verdict... both my Hubs and I absolutely loved it! I'd used the frozen pure chicken stock that I kept in stock for the soup base and the frozen tiger praws for the wonton fillings. For the noodles, I'd used the dry egg noodles that my cousin brought from Hong Kong for me from her last visit here and mixed it with some sauces. For the last touch, I'd garnished it with some chopped spring onions and boiled "choi sum" vegetables. And that was our simple, delicious and yet healthy Sunday dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment