Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Downside of Going to Pinkpop or other Music Festivals

A typical festival like Pinkpop and any other music festivals such as Bospop and Lowlands are usually a 2-3 days event. Many festival goers prefer to camp there throughout the festival period. That is definitely not my cup of tea. Being cramped up in a camping area, using public WCs and having difficulties in finding my way back to the tent after visiting the WC at night are a few things in life that I will not want to experience. Though I can imagine this will be so much fun if I'm still in my teens but I guess I've passed that phase. If you ask me to do this now, my answer will be a quick 'NO'. Despite having a great time in Pinkpop last weekend, I must admit that though it was great but hygiene is definitely not listed in my list. For instance, going to the WC is like going to a WC back in Malaysia (not all but most public ones are horrible). The WC provided at the festival was the portable ones - no flush system was included. It was all about 'quantity' until the WC was full! So what I did is to control my liquid intake to a minimum so I can avoid visiting the WC again. Litter were everywhere therefore I just have to make sure that I kept both my eyes on the ground while walking. I definitely did not want to step into any garbage that contained food, sauces, etc that was lying everywhere. Mind you, there were some who went around bare-footed....eeeeewwww!!

What is a festival without beers and alcohol or soft drug to go with it right? Occasionally you will bumped into some annoying festival goers who are stoned , drunk on something and obviously doing things that are quite annoying to others. That happened to me while I was standing in the tent stage listening to White Lies performing. There was this tall gal in a ponytail standing diagonally in front of me which her constant and elaborate movements were darn annoying as already all of us in that tent was getting very cosy. Plus her constant 'movement', it was very unpleasant as I need to shift or move to avoid been hit by her or slapped by her ponytail *grrrrrrrhh* That's the disadvantage of being under tall :P

No comments:

Post a Comment