Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dental Visit

I'd 2 of my wisdom teeth removed 2 months ago here in the Netherlands and I can tell you the experience was painful and traumatising! The first experience was back in KL and it was equally traumatising or even more!

Back then, I'd to remove my bottom left wisdom tooth and it took me a full month before I fully recovered. I couldn't talk and laugh for weeks and the pain was unbearable on the first day. The dentist only gave me Ponstant pain reliever which did not work at all on my pain. Thank god my godmum had her pain killer with her which she used it for her cancer. I took half a tablet and was knocked out immediately :) To sleep it off at that time was a total bliss - my saviour.


So when I found out from my dentist during the half yearly check-up that I'd to remove all my remaining wisdom tooth as they are slowly rotting, I broke out into cold sweat. I finally did it after 7 months of dragging my feet :P. The first removal was my upper left tooth. I was so nervous! The pain was more on the stretching of my cheek and the force used to loosen that tooth! Thank god it was over within 30 mins. I was quite shaken about it actually and I was appalled that the dentist did not give me any pain killers. I was only given 2 extra gauzes and was advised to take paracetamol when the pain comes. DUH!!! Thank god the paracetamol did work on the pain. Surprisingly I'd recovered very quickly from that removal.


The second one was my other bottom wisdom tooth, the dentist did a good job I must say though I'd to take 3 anesthetic jabs :P Everything was done very professionally. It was not as bad as I'd anticipated as my first experience was awful as I'd mentioned. I was very happy when the dentist gave me soluable pain killers for my pain. When the anesthetic wore off, the pain was real and thank god the pain killer worked :). The swelling came within an hour after the removal and it took 1.5 week to subside.

Now, I still have one more wisdom tooth left to remove (the upper right). The thought that I've to make another dental appointment for the last removal gives me the shivers :( *sob*sob* Shucks, really NOT looking forward to it.....My advice, if you don't have to remove any wisdom tooth, DON'T do it.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with u but i've already removed two with no complications. so far the remaining two are fine and will wait till they start rotting then only take action ;).. good luck, sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and am so not looking forward to it :(

    ReplyDelete