Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Great weekend in Maastricht!!

This is how my Hubs and I were pampered in Maastricht....food! food! Lunch at my parents-in-law's place sometimes were of breads with cold cuts, jams, eggs and others. This weekend, my mother-in-law made this salad (small cubes of potatoes, pickles, eggs with a sourish taste to it).

We'd also a typical Limburgse food, 'zuurvlees' (sour & sweet meat) with fries :) :) Beef or horse meat are often used to make 'zuurvlees'. My mother-in-law told me this dish required a lot of work as the meat has to be cooked at a long time. However the real 'zuurvlees' are with horse meat...hmmm....that's something not for me. After the heavy and delicious lunch, we decided to take a walk around the neighbourhood. It was actually a nice walk in the woods ..... to see wheat fields, beautiful gardens and flowers, pear and cherry trees along the way. However the last few meters before our pitstop at a cafe, our path was blocked by a few black cows that were chilling right in the middle of it! Boy, was I terrified when I'd to walk pass them and seriously it was so close especially one of them were staring hard at us for a long time before we made our way to pass them. Thank god nothing happened :) I definitely deserved a nice cool drink after that passing :) In the end, I'm still a city gal at heart :P Big farm animals still terrifies me :P

No comments:

Post a Comment