Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Jazz Season is in Town!

It's definitely a jazz season now. The biggest jazz festival in the world, North Sea Jazz festival, a 3-days festival which will be held in Ahoy, Rotterdam offer different range of jazz music ranging from traditional New Orleans jazz, swing, bop, free jazz, fusion, avant-garde jazz and electronic jazz; to blues, gospel, funk, soul, R&B, hip hop, world beat and Latin.

Last year, we'd Alicia Keys, Al Jarreau, Bobby McFerrin, Chaka Khan, George Benson, Diana Krall, Paul Simon. This year's line up we'll have Jamie Cullum, BB King, Erykah Badu, Seal to grace the stage. Though I told myself from last year that I will want to go for this festival since I've missed it last year but with this year's line up....don't think so. Personally, I find it not so interesting except for Jamie Cullum's performance. Oh well, perhaps next year's line up will have more artists that I wanted to see :) :)

1 comment:

  1. Seal is superb... u shld consider going :) me dying to go hehehe

    ReplyDelete