Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson - RIP

I was woken up by this tragic news of Michael Jackson, the King of Pop has passed away from a cardiac arrest at the age of 50!!

Despite all the child molestation allegations against him, nobody can deny that we grew up with his songs, 'Beat It', Billie Jeans, Thriller, Bad, his dance moves; the legendary "moon-walk" dance, etc, he was the legendary King of Pop. I loved his music videos and his songs. I remembered when I was still in school, I used to watch his music videos and trying to imitate his dance moves (if that is possible). He was also one of the great artist that I would want to watch him perform on stage. It was my biggest regret that I'd missed his concert in Malaysia many years ago and I heard he was in his best form. And now I'll never see him on stage again....:(

While his career and wealth had waned greatly but this never stop his comeback last curtain call concert in London been sold out; 11 tickets were sold per second to be precise.

Since I woke up this morning, I was hogging CNN as they are doing a full coverage on Michael Jackson. As fans around the world mourn it is likely Michael Jackson will be remembered as a musical hero -- but also a man with human flaws. RIP Jacko.

No comments:

Post a Comment