Wednesday, May 20, 2009

4 Seasons Clothing

When you live in a country with four seasons, it's nice to know that you get to do some serious shopping for clothing: summer, spring, autumn and winter apparels. I enjoyed it, shopping for ankle-high boots, knee-length boots, good walking shoes, winter jackets, spring jackets, sweaters, gloves, water-proof jackets, scarves, etc. Now I've a 'healthy' wardrobe, well still a long way to catch up as compared to my wardrobe in Malaysia but will definitely catch up one day.....;)

Hence, it's very important to dress and have appropriate apparels over here. For instance, having a good pair of walking shoes and boots is a definitely on top of my list. Back in Malaysia, I used to buy fashion sandals and heels but over here no way these fashion footware will last me to the end of a street. Feeling sexy in stilettos is not in my vocabulary anymore, practicality is now the 'new' word (I have walked so much since I came here. FYI, parking garages and spaces are always quite far from a city centrum, taking public transport from my place to the tram halte/train station, etc). Took a lot of pain and stress on my feet to finally accept defeat that comfortable flats and pumps will be my new best friend now.

Never in my life have I owned so many pairs of flats and pumps as what I have now - looking at all my shoes now, I don't see a pair of stilettos....oh, except for one evening pair that I brought over from Malaysia (it was worn on my wedding dinner last year) :) which I've only wore it once here to a wedding dinner.

Another non-sexy apparel that I have and used during my first year here - thermal (I have 3 sets in different type of thickness). Without them, I would have not survived the winter. Although there are definitely not sexy and trust me, it's beyond the Dutchies to wear thermals. My Hubs used to laugh at me whenever I had them on :P so gradually I have stopped using them when my body starts to get use to the cold weather. Now I can say I only survived with layerings and stockings and of course a good winter jacket ;)

Nevertheless, it was an experience to live in a country with four seasons. It was nice that I'm able to change my wardrobe for every season change :)




No comments:

Post a Comment