Saturday, May 16, 2009

Steamboat Lunch

One of my girlfriend has invited me and few others for a steamboat lunch at her place today, a little get-together with the ladies and I've quickly accepted the invitation. Since I've not had steamboat for yonkers (not even when I'm back in Malaysia) plus it was a good opportunity to catch up with the other ladies :) Happily I took my Hubs's car and took a nice relaxing drive to my girlfriend's place.

As we were waiting for one of them to bring the real steamboat pot, we started off first with tom yum soup base (tom yum cubes were used) steamboat in a rice cooker. Food was abundance (meat, fish tofu, beef meatballs, oysters, prawns, small squids, veges, noodles, etc). We happily stuffed ourselves while chatting, catching up with each other.

2 hours later, came the rest with the real steamboat pot ;) We were so excited and we used that for the second soup base for the steamboat. A fish soup base that I brought with me. It was delicious!! It was a ready made packet bought in a Chinese toko few weeks ago. Definitely a good buy for steamboat soup base preparation. Soon we also joined the late group and had our second helpings and of course more chatting :) We only stopped eating at about 4pm and mind you we had started eating since 1pm :P

Hmmm...I must say, it was a great Saturday get-together with the ladies, chatting and lots of laughs. We only left at about 7pm :) :) I'll definitely want to get one of the steamboat pot of my own later ;) A great meal to have especially during autumn-winter days, don't you think ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment