Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Storm in the Netherlands

We'd a severe storm yesterday night, it was pretty scary. The wind was howling, our windows in the apartment was shaking, lightning flashing, splatters of rain slashing onto our windows. I woke up at 4am last night and still the wind howled and I thought the splatters of rain were a little too loud so I assumed we'd small hailstones instead hitting our windows. Nothing to be alarmed about :P

Of course, like any other major cities, when there is a storm, there comes the massive traffics on the roads, public transportation been delayed. And that's what exactly happened here in the Netherlands this morning.

Over 600km of traffic jams were measured during the rush hour!! Ok, we'd 700km of traffic jams before in the beginning of winter last year :P Some roads were blocked by fallen trees and many broken branches were seen littered all over the roads. According to the news today, some places in the south of the country, hailstones as big as 5cm in diameter were reported.

Knowing my luck, I'd to have an appointment today actually it was a written test that I have to sit for another position that I have applied recently. Braving through the strong wind and steady drizzle, I have to get myself to the train station. Some trains were indeed delayed but thank god I was pretty lucky that in the end I'd arrived at my destination on time.

I'd experienced this weather before in autumn last year and definitely not so close to summer weather. Where did Mr Sun go, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment