Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hemalvaart Holidays

Hemalvaart holidays in the Netherlands is just around the corner and to be precies, 21 May. Hemalvaart aka the Ascension Day marks the time when Jesus ascended to heaven for the final time following his crucifixion and resurrection. It is the 40th day of Easter and is always on a Thursday.

My Hubs has a tradition among his university mates whereby the group will plan a yearly holiday trip and most of the time it falls during the Hemalvaart holidays. Last year, it was their 10th year anniversary and they had it in a beautiful castle in France. We did not make it last year because it was too close to our wedding in July.

This coming Hemalvaart holidays, the trip will be in Ferienresort Cochem, Germany. We will be driving to Cochem. There will be 16 adults excluding toddlers and babies :) It's definitely an extended group this year. Well for me, it'll be my first trip with the group. Just yesterday, my Hubs and myself have both chosen a few activities that we would like to do during our trip there :) I hope it'll be fun eventhough I'll be surrounded by so many Dutchies ;)

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad that u are going and i bet u will have lotsa fun there!!!

    ReplyDelete