Friday, May 8, 2009

My Hubs Cooking: White Asparagus Pesto Omelette

Yesterday my Hubs decided he will cook lunch since he is working from home. Plus he wanted to try this new recipe that was in his mind: White Asparagus Pesto Omelette, his favourite vegetable. The white asparagus is in the season now.

Mind you, I don't really fancy the white asparagus too much as I find them a bit bitter. I must say I have to take that back, the lunch turned out great. The omelette was delicious and I didn't taste any bitterness in the white asparagus!

Hence, my Hubs decided to share this recipe with y'all ;)

Served 4 people
Ingredients:
  • 1 kg of white asparagus (you can also use the green ones)
  • 3 teaspoons of olive oil
  • 8 eggs
  • 4 teaspoons of green pesto or olive tapenade
  • 200 grams of soft cheese (e.g. Brie or Camembert). I used Brie and some pesto/spring onions cream cheese
  • Pepper
  • Some finely chopped parsley or coriander for garnishing
Method:
  1. Peel the asparagus and cut approximately 2cm off the bottom. Cut the remainder in pieces of approximately 3cm in length.
  2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and stir-fry the asparagus until they are light brown and getting a bit soft.
  3. In the meantime crack the eggs into a bowl and add the pesto, some pepper and the cheese by crumbling little pieces into the mixture. Beat the eggs and the mix together and add it to the asparagus in the pan.
  4. Leave the pan on a medium fire for a few more minutes until the omelette is almost cook.
  5. Then put the pan in a pre-heated oven (160-170ÂșC) for about 15 minutes.
  6. Finally garnish with the chopped parsley.
We had the omelette with bread :) Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. yummy... make sure u and F cook for us when u guys come back next time...

    ReplyDelete